Below is a list of opportunities for you to explore from the Thunder Bay Family Network December update:
- Autism Ontario is NOW accepting applications for its March Break Reimbursement Fund. For more information please go here.
- The Federal Government announced Canada acceded to the Optional Protocol to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - meaning, Canadians will have additional recourse to make a complaint to the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, if they believe their rights have been violated. For more information on this topic please visit the Government of Canada’s website here.
- Please check out the attached photo containing initial results - Caring for Carers: Exploring the Experiences of Health, Supports, and Services among Caregivers of Children with Disabilities living in Northwestern Ontario - Lakehead University, School of Kinesiology: Jonathon Racine, Dr. Erin Pearson & Laura Deschamps.
- Some of you may not have heard of Eric Goll and Empowering Ability. You can either read through the blog content or opt to listen to the podcast or both! For more information on creating incredible ordinary lives for those with an intellectual or developmental disability please visit https://www.empoweringability.org/
- A link to Ontario Independent Facilitation Network's Ideas in Practice page, Starting a Family Network: http://ideas.oifn.ca/2018/12/06/starting-family-network/ Take a read and see what others are doing and how. Maybe there's something for you?