What is Passport?
Passport is a program funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services that helps adults 18 years or older with a developmental disability to participate in their communities. It also helps caregivers of an adult with a developmental disability take a break from their caregiving responsibilities.
Passport provides funding for services and supports so adults with a developmental disability can:
- take part in community classes or recreational programs
- develop work, volunteer, and daily life skills
- hire a support worker
- create their own life plans (this is called Person Directed Planning) to reach their goals
- get temporary respite for their caregivers
When you purchase our Services, they are uniquely tailored to each person and family and are designed to allow each person to lead self-determined lives and be full participants in their community. We will work with you and/or the person acting on your behalf, whichever you choose to meet your needs.
Provision of Supports and Services with your passport funds include:
Community Participation and Activities of Daily Living
- Register and attend programs, classes and supports within the community which help develop independence, social and life skills
- Recreation and participate in community activities and events
- Support with transportation to and from activities
- Employment supports such as completing resumes, looking for employment as well as job placement support.
- Temporary relief (or respite) for primary caregivers.
- Short periods of respite is available in or out of the family or caregiver’s home; daytime, evening or weekends (including overnight), and in for emergency situations.
Person Directed PLanning
We can assist you to define a vision for your future life, identify your strengths and gifts, set goals, make choices, find ways to participate in your community and help you to locate people who can help you achieve your dreams.
Administration of Passport Funding
OPTIONS northwest can administer your Passport funds by paying your supports and processing the invoices to the Passport Program on your behalf. We will provide tracking of the expenses for you and keep you informed regarding your available funds.
- 10% of the amount billed to Passport will be charged, as applicable
If you are currently receiving Passport funding and wish to access our services please complete and submit our application. Applications can be submitted in person at our office or emailed to optionsnorthwest%23com|general:
For more information on the Passport Program, please visit Developmental Services Ontario. If you would like to apply for Passport funding please contact Developmental Services Ontario as OPTIONS northwest does not provide the funding for this program: